The Kiwanis Club of Yakima was chartered on February 1, 1921 and is one of 7,700 clubs in 80 countries. Our motto is "Serving the Children of the World".
Service is at the heart of our club. Our members provide time, talent and treasure to support a variety of causes that support youth, human and spiritual values, adults with disabilities, seniors, community beautification and civic programs, schools and education, and other community/fundraising events.
- We support programs that promote academic achievement and character development recognition programs for students ages 6-12.
- We support opportunities for teens and adults to develop leadership, improve self-esteem, increase civic engagement and learn life skills through service.
- We support Kiwanis' global campaign to raise $110 million and eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus.
- We raise money to provide playground equipment for local elementary schools.
- We provide financial support for Yakima Greenway, Kiwanis Park and other recreational fields. Our fundraising events include Rock The Gap at Sarg Hubbard Park in June and our Apple Cup Luncheon at the Yakima Convention Center in November.